Yale Data Use Agreement

Compensation is a contractual agreement to reimburse someone for certain losses. Compensation is derived from sponsored research contracts, clinical trials, material transfer agreements and intellectual property licenses. In general, a sponsor must agree to defend and indemnify Yale against any claim or liability arising out of the research, except those arising out of gross negligence or wilful misconduct on the part of the university. For activities outside of Yale, the University is not a party to consultation or non-disclosure agreements between faculty and external organizations. The PSO Contract Manager may provide feedback to the faculty member for use in their negotiations with the sponsor; However, OSP does not negotiate or approve consulting contracts on behalf of faculty members. The Faculty is responsible for ensuring that it adheres to all Yale guidelines regarding external activities such as those described in the Faculty Manual. Data Use Agreements (DUAs) are used to exchange data for research purposes. These agreements are managed by the Sound Projects Office. See Data Use Agreements This is an agreement that allows the use of software for research purposes for a limited period of time. Agreements that include commercial terms and conditions for the use of the software will not be processed by OSP. All enterprise contracts with the exception of clinical enterprise agreements.

An equipment loan agreement governs a loan to Yale for the purpose of finding equipment owned by another company, usually a company. The agreement allows a researcher to use the equipment at Yale during the loan period. At the end of the loan, either the equipment is returned or the university must make other arrangements with the owner of the equipment. A company that rents equipment may limit how the equipment can be used. No. Please note that Yale`s guidelines do not authorize the purchase of investigational drugs, including FDA-approved products used in an IDE study for an indication for which the product has not been officially approved. Products must be provided free of charge by the sponsor or fully reimbursed as part of the study participant`s insurance, under the CTA`s terms, to ensure the sponsor`s liability for all uncovered costs. Any exceptions to this rule must be handled through your GCA Contract Manager using a dedicated wavier that can be used in exceptional cases. Under no circumstances should the study sponsor work independently with YNHH to negotiate separate agreements for investigational drugs. Data Use Agreements (DUAs) are contracts that generally facilitate the transfer of data for professors for use in scientific activities that are subject to restriction of use. DUAs are used to describe transmission conditions. These terms and conditions may contain restrictions on the use of data, obligations to protect data and data protection rights associated with the transmission of confidential or protected data.

University information may only be passed on to third parties if it is protected by appropriate contractual agreements. A scholarship is an agreement between Yale and another institution under which graduate scholarship holders receive scholarships or scholarship payments to help them pursue a program of study or research. No. While sponsors have the right to review the proposed publication to ensure that no confidential or patentable information is disclosed without their consent, sponsors do not have the authority to restrict publication. The freedom to publish is essential to the fulfillment of Yale`s academic mission of disseminating research results. Yale reserves the sole and exclusive right of the Principal Investigator in Research Agreements to freely publish the scientific results resulting from the Principal Investigator`s research. Please read Section II: University Policy on Freedom of Expression in the Faculty Manual for more information. All incoming MTAs for Yale investigators to obtain documents from academic, government, nonprofit, and for-profit corporations, and those outgoing MTAs to provide Yale records to academic, governmental, and nonprofit institutions, are reviewed, negotiated, and signed by the OSP MTA team. Outgoing ATMs to provide Yale materials to commercial and for-profit institutions are negotiated by the Office of Cooperative Research (OCR). Enquiries should be directed to ocr@yale.edu. Service agreements may need to include an addendum to protect identified academic data, such as student data or data with EU residents. Many of these agreements are managed through procurement.

If you are unsure or if the agreement is not negotiated by Procurement or the Sponsored Projects Office, contact the Privacy Office. The default policy is that Yale owns intellectual property (IP) created under sponsorship research contracts. .

Log in or Register to save this content for later.